A few quick notes:
- Yes, I know the Monday Search Term Safari is late. Busy day, and all that. I’ll post it tomorrow morning instead, as a Tuesday Special Edition.
- No matter how your day went, it probably didn’t involve hauling a clogged porcelain throne two towns over to the Lebanon landfill for disposal.
- On a related note: if a certain little boy were to clog a toilet by flushing down various toys, would it be permissible and ethical for the Daddy of said little boy to total up two hours of plumbing work at $75 per hour, and then subtract that total from the little boy’s college fund to spend on booze and shiny things?
- I’m a little behind on answering email, but I’m getting around to the backlog, so if you sent me something, expect a response (where applicable) soon.
- “Pocahontas in Space” did not snag Best Picture or Best Director, which is a good thing, because James Cameron’s ego would have grown large enough to acquire its own weather system, along with three different time zones.
- Thanks for all the kind feedback on “Lucky Thirteen”. The market for Military SF short stories is kind of limited, but I may just shop that one around a bit. There may be some more fiction-y goodness in this spot in the near future.
- Squirrels are dumb. Mr. Savage Single-Shot recently claimed kill #15, and they just keep coming. At fifty yards tops, even that ratty old rifle with the cheap-ass Wally*World BSA scope will yield headshots nine times out of ten. The little bastards started taking apart the insulation above the ceiling by the entrance door, and I had to step up the extermination efforts. Now there’s a Kill on Sight policy for tree rats around here, and it takes me about five seconds to put a round into the chamber and crank open the kitchen window once I spot a bushy red tail. Yeah, they’re cute and all, but I’d rather not have the house burn down because they start chewing on the wiring, and the scattered bits of insulation on the patio don’t put me into a conciliatory mood, either.
That’s all the news that’s fit to print tonight, folks. Look for the Tuesday Search Term Safari tomorrow morning, and more substantial stuff later this week. For now, I’ll refresh this here Rum & Coke, and see what’s happening in the World of Warcraft. See you all bright and early tomorrow…